Best CounterTop Microwave of 2023





Affiliate Disclaimer

As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.

A good working microwave oven can work as a helping hand, it can cook a full meal or just heat your food.

Think: It can be used more than making popcorn for a movie night or heating leftover on a busy day. It can cook, spaghetti squash, crispy bacon, baked potatoes, and more. However, it will do three or five times faster.

However, we cannot ignore the fact that, as our lives are getting busier this smart technology is becoming a universal necessity. And as the necessity grows options grow too.

With a wide range of best countertop microwaves, people find it difficult to make a choice. This is when we step in. Our team tested around 20 best countertop microwaves to shortlist the top 5 microwaves. They all worked well is the testing procedure, melting cheese, baking potatoes, popping popcorn, reheating food, and cooking vegetables.

Moreover, we tested them for their ease of use – opening doors, cooking alerts, viewability, temperature control, prices, cleaning, models with grill capabilities and convection. Based on their performance, we have rounded up a list of 5 best countertop microwaves for our readers.

But before you choose one of the best countertop microwaves, we have noted down some tips for you.

Tips for Countertop Microwaves

  • Higher the microwave wattage, the higher the power it uses. Moreover, many microwave models come with broiling and convection heat feature.
  • If you are a newbie buying a microwave with preset cooking, it is useful.
  • For the finest result, microwaves with sensor cooking technology are the best pick.
  • If you desire to buy a microwave that uses low power, also pick a model with an inverter.
  • Purchase a microwave with non-porous material. It takes less effort in cleaning.
  • If you are a student, most importantly, look for compact size product that uses less wattage.
  • Worried about your little ones trying to operate a microwave. Also, buy a microwave with a child lock feature to save your house from starting a fire.
  • Also, look for a microwave that offers ample setting for cooking.
  • Buy a microwave with efficient turntable, or microwave with racks is a good choice too. Also, it comes with vacant space.
  • Always choose the model keeping in mind your family size, as some models fit are compact to fit one normal size plate only.
  • Moreover, always look for a microwave with a warranty.

Our Top Pick:

Best Seller Countertop Microwave: Breville Quick Touch Intuitive Microwave Countertop

Overall Countertop Microwave: Panasonic Microwave Black Countertop

Retro Countertop Microwave: Nostalgia Retro Large Countertop Microwave

Best Convection Countertop Microwave: Toshiba Smart Sensor Countertop Microwave

Most Compact Countertop Microwave:  Kenmore 70713 Countertop Microwave

Detailed Review of Best Countertop Microwave 2023

Let’s look closely into the review of each model one by one

1. Best Seller Countertop Microwave: Breville Quick Touch Intuitive Microwave Countertop

“Stainless steel door conceals shortcut menu, along with self-locating turntable”


  •  Stainless steel design.
  •  1-year warranty.
  •  1100 Wattage power machine.
  •  Sensor smart IQ technology.


  •  Noise: A bit noisy.

Choosing a microwave oven is a challenging game, and Breville makes it easy. With a quick touch intuitive and automatic menu. With a simple button this smart appliance, cook & grill, quick reheat, melt and soften and defrost your food. This microwave is a dynamic performer.

Breville Quick touch as its name suggests comes with a shortcut panel inside the door. Moreover, you can effortlessly take control of the setting and access to customized settings. Its compact size of 1.2 cubic feet is perfect enough to medium size cookware. However, it works at 1100 watt to gives you evenly and fast cooked food.

See also
Best Electric Lawn Mower of 2023

This Countertop microwave works smartly with defrosting food. You will never end up with dry edges. Moreover, with its automatic power and time adjustment setting, you will get good results. Moreover, you can easily customize the setting as per your needs.

Breville appliances have won the trust of customers. Other than working only on the appearance like many other microwave models. Moreover, they came up with multiple modes and intelligent digital screens, along with customization choice.

Must Add Features:

This Breville countertop microwave comes with a smart “A bit more” button, so now you don’t have to start the whole 1 min new cycle again, just press a bit more button. And that’s not all it comes with a child lock, keeping your children safe with a simple button touch.


In Conclusion, this Breville countertop microwave is a very intuitive purchase. With a 4.5 stars rating, this microwave is worth every penny. Moreover, as we dig into the customer reviews, we came through 80% of people who recommend this product. However, the other 20% of people came does not share a good experience with the microwave.

Breville Combi Wave 3-in-1 Microwave, Air Fryer, and Toaster Oven, Brushed Stainless Steel, BMO870BSS1BUC1

as of April 12, 2024 8:52 pm

2. Overall Countertop Microwave: Panasonic Microwave Black Countertop

“With 10 power level and sleek stainless steel design, this is Cadillac of microwave”


  •  Stainless steel design.
  •  1-year warranty.
  •  1250 Watt cooking power.
  •  Around 14 preset auto cook menu.
  •  Turbo defrost technology.


  •  No quick-on 30 seconds button.

With a robust 1250 power watt, in a compact size of 2.2 cubic feet, this microwave is an overall performer. This microwave delivers a seamless stream of power that delivers evenly cooked food.

Well, if you have a large family, this countertop microwave should be your first choice. This turntable is efficient, lighter weight with enough space to hold several plates, serving dishes and large casserole.

Its smart proprietary technology heat doesn’t overcook the food, speeds up on defrost time. So, no more long waiting for dinner to be served. However, this is one of the best countertop microwaves in the market which comes with a “brilliant sensor” adjustment. Customize the temperature to cook different food.

Moreover, its keep-warm feature is worth your money. It will hold up the food at serving temperature, not overcooking, just with a delay start it lets you prepare food, exact for your dinner time.

With a wide range of almost 14 presets, all essentials like pizza, soup, popcorn, pasta, frozen food and more. It gives a lot of choices, making every member of the family happy. This countertop microwave fits well with every size of the family. Like our first pick, this countertop microwave also comes with a child lock feature for safety.

Must Add Feature:

This Panasonic countertop microwave comes with 10 power levels, along with sensor reheating options. But, as mentioned by the company it uses 120V / 60Hertz Power Source and consumes 1460W power.


In conclusion, this Panasonic Microwave Black Countertop is fitted best in any size of the family. With a 4.3 stars rating, this microwave a turbo fast performer. Moreover, as we dig into the customer reviews, we came through 71% of people who recommend this product. However, the other 29% of people faced problems over the year.

Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN936B Black Countertop with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 2.2 Cubic Foot, 1250W

as of April 12, 2024 8:52 pm

3. Retro Countertop Microwave: Nostalgia Retro Large Countertop Microwave

The retro-inspired chrome lines microwave is an eye-catching unit for any countertop”


  •  Stylish Retro Look.
  •  1-year warranty.
  •  1250 Watt cooking power.
  •  Around 14 preset auto cook menu.
  •  Turbo defrost technology.


  •  Small in size from inside.

Many microwave countertops excel in aesthetics but sacrifice on the functionality. But, Nostalgia Retro Large Countertop Microwave gives you the best of both worlds! So, if you are someone, who isn’t looking for a typical stainless steel model, this must be your ideal choice.

See also
Best Stick Vacuums: Reviews and a Buying Guide

Nostalgia Countertop microwave is a fully capable appliance that works best from reheating your tea to warming up your leftover pizza. Moreover, this microwave comes with 800-watt power, which is lesser than other picked microwaves but its performance is no lesser than other models.

However, this model comes with convenient cooking controls. It provides 12 programmed cooking settings, express cooking and delay timer options. Moreover, you get optimal heating for popular foods, popcorn, pizza, veggies and more.

More to its feature it has a digital clock display which is easy to read. And a rotating glass carousel that helps you cook food evenly.

Must add a feature:

This microwave is one of the best counter microwaves which is easy to use yet very powerful. However, if you have a large family this model is not an ideal choice for you.


In conclusion, this Nostalgia Countertop microwave is a very classy choice for your daily use. With a 4.2 stars rating, this microwave is an outstanding performer. And as we dig into the customer reviews, we came through 68% of people who found this product a good purchase. However, the other 32% of people faced a problem with their compact size.

Elite Gourmet by Maximatic Americana Collection ETO147M Diner 50’s Retro Countertop Toaster oven, Bake, Toast, Fits 8” Pizza, Temperature Control & Adjustable 60-Minute Timer 1000W, 2 Slice, Mint

as of April 12, 2024 8:52 pm

4. Best Convection Countertop Microwave: Toshiba Smart Sensor Countertop Microwave

“This ecofriendly model saves on energy consumption and operating cost”


  •  Black stainless steel.
  •  1100 Watt with 10 power levels.
  •  Smart 6 auto cook menu.
  •  Easy to clean.
  •  Reduce 50% standby power.


  •  The door makes noise while operating.

This medium size countertop microwave is a stylish black stainless steel model. Avail the built-in smart sensor that detects the humidity level of the food constantly while cooking. Moreover, it adjusts the temperature automatically, to avoid burn or unevenly cook food.

Moreover, the microwave comes with a custom defrost function. All you have to do is choose the custom to defrost option and input the weight of the food. And leave the rest on the smart technology. Or else you can simply defrost 1lb menu and microwave will automatically adjust the power and time accordingly.

With this 1.2 cubic countertop microwave, you get 10 poor settings with 1100W. However, its attractive digital control feature, LED light, and glass turntable is a full package deal.

Moreover, its long-lasting build quality with elegant black stainless steel design makes it one of the best countertop microwave choice. This microwave won the hearts of customers as it comes with an eco-mode.  However, you can now minimize 50 % of standby energy consumption. Save money save the planet!

Must Add Feature:

Toshiba Smart Sensor Countertop Microwave comes with easy to clean coating feature. Design with hard-wearing material makes it a scratch and stain resistant model. Moreover, all you need to do is, take a few wipes or a warm cloth to clean the interior. Now you don’t have to worry about the maintenance, as it is simple and convenient.


In conclusion, this Toshiba Smart Sensor Microwave is worth the money. With a 4.3 stars rating, this microwave is an excellent performer. Moreover, we dig into the customer reviews, we came through 69% of people who say this product is durable and let you cut on energy cost. However, the other 31% of people faced a problem with its loud operating noise.

TOSHIBA EM131A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Ovens 1.2 Cu Ft, 12.4" Removable Turntable Smart Humidity Sensor 12 Auto Menus Mute Function ECO Mode Easy Clean Interior Black Color 1100W

as of April 12, 2024 8:52 pm

5. Most Compact Countertop Microwave: Kenmore Countertop Microwave

“Small and might, this countertop microwave fits your small kitchen”


  •  Stainless steel.
  •  700 Watt with 10 power levels.
  •  700 Watt with 10 power levels.
  •  6 auto cook menu.
  •  Child lock safety.
  •  Best for small dorm rooms.


  •  Average turntable performance.

When you are a student living in a small dorm room, space can be a major issue. You may have thought of buying a microwave but step back because of the size. However, not anymore. This Kenmore compact countertop microwave comes at size 0.7 cu. Ft, specially designed for smaller places.

See also
The Best Mini Fridge of 2023

Small in size but best in convenience, large enough to cook, reheat and defrost your everyday meal. Moreover, this product uses less energy meeting the wattage requirements of dorm rooms.

Kenmore is a company that is designing appliances with innovative features for 100 years. The company has won the trust of the consumer over the years.

In addition, this microwave comes with a quick defrost and 10 power setting, you can easily defrost your favorite food. Moreover, it comes with a range of 4 colors. So choose the one you like.

Must Add Feature:

This is one of the best countertop microwaves that believes safety is something that cannot be overlooked. It comes with a child lock feature to save it from those curious little fingers.


In conclusion, this Kenmore Countertop Microwave is an ideal choice for small spaces. With a 4.4 stars rating, this microwave is an excellent performer. And as we dig into the customer reviews, we came through 70% of consumer that says this product is perfect in size. However, the other 30% of people faced problems with no door handle feature and want them to add one.

Kenmore 70929 0.9 cu. ft Small Compact 900 Watts 10 Power Settings, 12 Heating Presets, Removable Turntable, ADA Compliant Countertop Microwave, Black

as of April 12, 2024 8:52 pm

Frequently asked Questions

Ques. Is ventilation necessary for a microwave?

Ans. Ventilation is an important necessity in a microwave. The total energy that a microwave consumes out of that 35% to 40% is wasted as heat. So definitely effective ventilation helps to keep it cool and saves from damages and also adds service life.

Ques. How does a countertop microwave works?

Ans. As names defy countertop microwaves to sit on the countertop or any other surface where you want to keep it. They are different from built-in microwaves, which are set into walls, between kitchen cabinets. Like any other microwave ovens, countertop microwave emits high-frequency electromagnetic waves they are called a microwave. However, the friction caused by electromagnetic waves flips molecule in water millions of times per second, and this heats your food.

Ques. What is the most right way to clean our countertop microwave?

Ans. There are many simple ways for you to clean your countertop microwave.

  • For regular cleaning, take a wet towel or sponge dipped in a detergent solution to wipe the exterior and interior of the microwave clean.
  • For deep cleaning: take an equal ratio of vinegar or lemon and water (1:1) and dip your sponge into that and keep it inside the microwave
    and run it for 3-4 minutes on its maximum power for the finest results.

Ques. What is the difference between conventional and convection microwave?

Ans. Convection microwaves are a smarter version of the microwave. Microwave who comes with convection features shortens traditional cooking time, it uses secondary heating element and fan that circulates hot air around your food throughout. Many brands are offering “Combo” cook, both convention and microwave functionalities that help you prepare your food even faster. While conventional microwaves only use microwave energy to cook food. But, it’s a slow process.

 Ques. Does wattage matters when it comes to countertop microwaves?

Ans. The wattage of the microwave is directly proportional to the performance of the microwave. The higher the wattage, the better your microwave will perform. Microwaves consuming 700 or 800 wattages will face hardship heating food properly and will consume more time and so as energy.


In conclusion, purchasing a countertop microwave is a necessity for every homeowner. Whether you want to upgrade your kitchen or thinking to replace your old one. A great microwave that will perfectly suit your needs. You can utilize it for heating foods, cooking and defrosting and more. Moreover, keep our list in mind before you spend your money.
I hope you find a microwave that fits your kitchen perfectly. Leave us a comment to let us know if this was helpful.

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Posts